Monday, November 26, 2012

Christmas Decorating

Every year I patiently wait to put up my Christmas decorations until AFTER Thanksgiving. I feel like I'm being rude to Thanksgiving if I decorate earlier. So, I put my my decorations up on Black Friday after staying out until 4am shopping with my sister-in-law. I did a few things differently this year. I got a new/old tree for my living room. It was my mom's but she doesn't really go all out anymore so I asked if I could have it. I think it is around 12-15 ft. tall and really takes our living room up a notch.

 

Because I was going to have this new, big tree I decided to change all of my ribbons. I switched to deco mesh. This way I hopefully won't still be finding glitter from Christmas in the middle of the summer. I wanted to keep it traditional with a twist so I chose some fun green, red and white plaid deco mesh for the big tree but stuck with red for everywhere else.



We still had our original living room tree so we put it in the den/library room and I placed all of our fun ornaments on it. On a side note, I don't know if your parents did this but my mom let us pick out a new ornament each year so that when we were old enough to have our own tree and not live with her anymore we could take them to place on our own tree. So, the den tree has all of mine and my husband's childhood ornaments as well as Lillian's two ornaments. This year she was able to help pick it out. She chose a cupcake after what seemed like hours of indecision.

 

I also put a tree on my stairs that is white and my husband has one in his office upstairs. I'll post those pictures later. I forgot to take them.













Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment