Monday, November 12, 2012

Orange and Clove Pomanders

I love the smell of oranges and cloves so when I came across the idea of making pomanders with them I jumped at the chance. This is a very easy but somewhat time consuming project but the result is fantastic. All you need are oranges, cloves and a toothpick.

Once you have your materials you simply poke holes with your toothpick and push the cloves into the holes. You can actually do this without the toothpick but I found it much faster and easier to poke a preliminary hole first.

You can create patterns with your cloves or you can cover the whole thing. I chose to cover the whole orange because I read somewhere that by doing that your oranges would be more likely to dry out instead of spoiling with the goal being that I don't have to make them again and can reuse them every year. However, if they don't make it more than a few weeks I will be happy. They smell so amazing! My husband actually asked if he could take some to work and put them on his desk because they smelled so nice.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment