Monday, November 26, 2012

Quick, Easy & Awesome Pillow Tutorial

A while back I saw a post where you take a place mat and turn it into a pillow. After seeing that post I excitedly went in search of suitable pillow place mats but could not find any that I liked and that met the requirements. But, while at Target the other day I found these flocked faux bois place mats that I felt would definitely work and met the project requirements of being two pieces of fabric sewn together and not just one piece with no seams and at only $3.99 I figured it was worth a shot. I also grabbed two bags of  poly fill for stuffing for $2.99 each. So the pillows ended up costing a little less than $7 because I didn't use all of the stuffing.



So, how do you do it? You take your place mat and rip open one of the seams from one of the short sides. You don't have to rip the whole seam. Then you stuff it with your poly fill. And then you sew the seam shut again. I just hand stitched it. This project literally took me less than 30 minutes and I love the pillows! I am actually going to go back and get a couple more place mats in a different pattern that will look great with these. It's actually really sad how excited $7 but look like $40 pillows make me.




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment