Friday, November 30, 2012

Quick, Easy, Cheap and Impressive Gifts

I've seen several posts about doing this type of thing. But, I'm going to post my take on it.



I went to the dollar store and bought 6 wine glasses and 3 "silver" trays. I already had some chalkboard paint from a previous project. Then I just painted the center of each tray with the paint and the base of each wine glass as well. I didn't even tape off the plates but I did wrap a piece of tape around the glass where I wanted the paint to stop. I did about 3 coats on each thing but other than the waiting for paint to dry this only took about 30 minutes total "working" time. I plan on giving the wine glasses with a bottle of my infused alcohol and a little note describing how to care for the glasses along with some chalk wrapped in a bow. I don't have a specific person in mind for the trays but I figured I was using the paint anyway so I might as well go ahead and make the trays too. You know you always need a gift at the last minute. I will also include some ribbon wrapped chalk with them and directions for their care. I have included an image of  my chalkboard dishware care instructions below and you can download them here.













Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment