Friday, December 7, 2012

A Big Hit!

 My husbands work party was last night and I finally got to wear the ugly sweater party dress that I made a few weeks ago.


Let's just say that I was very popular. We arrived at the party and everyone thought it was awesome but the best part of the night was going to the parade. First of all, it was Lillian's first time at a parade and she thought it was awesome. (I'm sure the two little girls that were 8 and 4 holding her hands didn't hurt. Lilly loves attention from older girls!) But the other awesome part was that I was a bit of a celebrity.


Almost every float that went by had women shouting that they loved my dress. Even the local news lady made a point to scream at me! Needless to say, I had a great time and the dress was totally worth the hour or so I spent making it. If you decide to get crafty and try to make a dress like mine post a pic so I can see how awesome you are!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. My dress was inspired by yours (although I definitely have not mastered crafts like you have!). Our Christmas party had a masquerade theme but also had an ugly sweater contest. However, when we pulled up, everyone was walking in, in suit and tie attire! We almost didn't go in because of it! I'm glad we did though. There were about 5 other ugly sweaters (no other dresses like mine) out of about 250 people but by the end of the night, we were practically rock stars! People were asking to take pictures with us and everything! So thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I don't know how to share a picture otherwise I would!

    ReplyDelete