Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Problem with Pinterest and My Solution

Let me start out by saying that I love Pinterest. It's a fantastic site that can give you inspiration, make you laugh, and help you beautify your surroundings and your life. However, entering the Pinterest site is like sailing a boat into the Bermuda Triangle. There are so many things to look at and so many great ideas floating around that I get lost. I currently have so many things that I want to do that I can't even remember what they are. This dilemma makes it to where I don't accomplish nearly as much as I would like because everything is such a fantastic, jumbled mess in my head. So, I've decided that I am going to chose one project at a time instead of trying to make multiple project shopping trips to Hobby Lobby where I inevitably forget to get a crucial component of the future projects. I've decided to do one project for each of the following categories: Clothing, Food, Decorating, Kid, Beauty and Outdoors

Clothing:
Peacock Halloween Costumes - for myself and Lillian - Last year we were both black cats and those costumes turned out super cute as you can see below.
I made the ears with felt, gator hair clips, tulle,  hot glue and thread.  I then made black tutus. I made Lilly a tail out of  a black knee sock, tulle and a coat hanger. Finally, the shirts are made with bead paint and say "meow" with whiskers going off of them.

For the peacock costumes I'm going to make a hybrid of several costumes I've seen online. I'm making a skirt similar to this one but the waistband will be black and the colors will be slightly different as will the feathers. I'm then going to make headbands using felt feathers like the tutu and pipe cleaners. I'm also going to make masquerade masks for us to wear. I've had a hard time finding plain shirts and pants but, I think I'm going to go with a blue top and brown bottoms. To make the tutu easier and quicker I've decided to try this method.

Food:
Apple Smiles and Marshmallow Ghosts - I'm going to make these for movie day snacks for Lilly's daycare class. But, since they don't allow nuts I'm going to use biscoff spread instead of peanut butter for the smiles.

Decorating:
Dreamy Canopy - I think this will be so cute in my daughters playroom.

Kid:
Spider Tee-shirt - I know you could technically qualify this as fashion, I have to do it for Halloween! And, since it will only take a few minutes I'm also going to make Cloud Dough with Lilly.

Beauty:
Vicks Shower Bombs - Cold and Flu season is upon us and these will definitely come in handy!

Outdoors:
Fence Decor - I found this great image but it didn't lead me to any tutorials. However, I think I can manage without a guide.

So, there's my plan. I will hopefully be able to accomplish everything and I will keep you updated with tutorials and the outcomes of each project. 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment